Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I haven't written a blog in a long time, but I want to try to start it up again. I want to use this as a way to keep track of weight loss progress, things I've made, and just a general reminder of what's happening in my life.
It has been 8 months since my sleeve gastrectomy and I've lost 83 pounds. Best decision I ever made. I've been running and walking and staying active in addition to all the food rules I've been following. The hardest part is taking the vitamins...
I have several crochet projects in the works. I am working on edging one more receiving blanket for a coworker who is having her baby on August 7. I've been using this pattern. I am also working on a shawl for myself and a basket for someone else. I really want to start another shawl for myself, and a couple more owl baskets, but I need to finish those other three first.
I am successfully growing zucchini and spaghetti squash in my garden this year. They've kinda taken over and are not allowing the other veggies to grow successfully, but I'm okay with that because all I really wanted was zucchini and spaghetti squash. I've already harvested two zucchini and last night made zucchini black bean burgers. The recipe called for a 19 oz can of black beans and I only had a 15 oz can, so I supplemented with refried pinto beans. I also left out the spicy ingredients and wound up baking the burgers for 30 min instead of 20 min. Also, it made 8 burgers (recipe said 4, but I can't finish a burger that big), and I don't need that much. So I froze several burgers to make one at a time in the future. I put Muenster cheese and guacamole on the burger and it was amazing! I hadn't tried any new recipes in a while, and it was a nice reminder of how much I like trying new things! I have another zucchini that I need to decide if I want to grate or noodle it!

No comments: