Saturday, January 23, 2010

baby news


we had our first ultrasound yesterday. baby was super active, rolling around and not cooperating with the tech at all, and making me laugh quite a bit. when she measured the head, the screen said that the size of the head corresponded to 16 weeks, so I am as far along as I had thought (which the doctor questioned at my appointment on wednesday). The tech showed us baby's feet and legs and arms and hands. When she was looking at baby's head, she was even able to show us baby's brain in there, which was super cool. Baby was opening and closing his/her mouth and waved at us a bit (we got a picture of that!). Whenever the tech went to look at baby' nether regions, she had us look away since we don't want to know the sex of the baby, but I think it's too early to tell anyway. Everyone of my parents generation who finds out what we don't want to know the sex of the baby thinks that's great, everyone of my generation is totally disappointed and a little mad at me (especially my brother) that we're not going to find out. I'm totally entertained by this.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love how your baby is waving hi to you! What are you calling him/her - we called Austin big bird and Drew Elmo. Sesame Street theme going on . . . :) Our friends who aren't finding out are calling their baby Walter. It is really cute. I am so excited for you and Adam and can't wait to meet your little one!