Sunday, January 3, 2010

how do you like them apples?

2009 was a great year for me and my Adam. It started with moving into our house, then I finally finally finished my PhD, then I had so much fun planning our wedding and actually having our wedding and being married. We finally went to San Francisco, a trip we were hoping to take for a very long time and it was so so wonderful. And then we found out we're having a baby! I don't think it would have been possible for 2009 to get any better.

So, what's up for 2010? It goes without saying that we have to get our house ready for baby! We know which room we will use as the baby's room, it's just a matter of figuring out what to do with the desks, book shelf, and futon that are currently in that room. Luckily our master bedroom is big, but it will need some rearranging. We are so excited for the coming months - I'm really really looking forward to the first time my baby kicks me! And I'm looking forward to the nausea that comes and goes so often to stop completely. I have not vomited thoughout my first trimester, making me feel like I'm having a very lucky pregnancy so far, but today Adam drove us from the fort back home and I couldn't look out the window because it was making me feel so sick. And I've never had a problem with motion sickness (I'm one of those weirdos that can read in a car - so often people have been amazed that I could read without vomiting). I've also been dealing with a lot of dizzy issues (which isn't helping with the nausea). I really thought I was done with the nausea, but apparently not. Hopefully I will be soon!

Another pregnancy update - my belly is getting really hard. My pants all still fit, so I'm not really showing yet, but I have a hard belly! Alright, I think that's all for now. Happy New Year!

No comments: