Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Going into Thanksgiving, I want to list the things I am thankful for:
1. My healthy baby boy. Every single child brought into this world is a miracle and I am so thankful that my little man is healthy (though his skin rash is annoying me, maybe he's teething, or maybe the poor kid just got stuck with his mommy's skin problems).
2. My wonderful husband. He is so supportive and loves me and his son so much. When I'm in another room, I love listening to the two of them play. Adam has figured out how to tickle Dylan and Dylan has the best laugh in the universe. Listening to Adam play with our son just makes me love him more.
3. My parents. They are so ready to help with anything we need and I don't know what we'd do without them. Especially when we ask my mom to come stay to babysit, she doesn't hesitate.
4. Our babysitter. She is a friend of ours and is saving us so much money by being willing to take care of our little man while I work in the morning. She works second shift, which means she gets home around midnight, and is up for me to drop off the little man at 7:20 every morning. Luckily come January my schedule will change and it will only be two days a week instead of four.
5. My job. I've asked for a year now to be made full time and that still hasn't happened. I am frustrated at times, but I am still grateful to have a job at all. And I won't say yes to a schedule like the awful one I have right now ever again.
6. My car. The silver bullet has over 183,000 miles on it and it's still kicking. Really well. Knock on wood. I won't lie, I cheated on my car driving my parents 2006 Chevy Impala SS and I enjoyed it tremendously, but I love my car. The Impala was a LOT of fun though (sshhhh, don't tell the silver bullet).
7. Our new furnace. Over the summer, our air conditioner died, and due to the tax credit, we got a new a/c and furnace. And our new furnace is amazing when compared with the old one. The old one didn't regulate heat well and the downstairs was always freezing. The new furnace keeps the downstairs warm and the upstairs is the same temperature as downstairs. The old furnace kept the upstairs at least 10 degrees warmer than the downstairs and made it so difficult to sleep.

I'm sure there are many more things I'm thankful for, especially all my wonderful family and friends.

No comments: