Monday, February 2, 2009

first postdoc day!

Today was my first day as a postdoc. The first day at any job requires much paperwork and tours and what not, so it wasn't a lot of researching today. A lot of reading... falling asleep at my new desk.. seminar.. falling asleep in seminar... The seminar was pretty interesting, though I missed the beginning so I was a bit confused. And my new PI gave me a grant proposal to read/proofread that's due this week. Super cool that he is already wanting to try out my proofreading skills (or what I hope are skills). I'm hoping to get enough preliminary data to apply for a postdoc fellowship in April, but that doesn't give me a whole lot of time to get this data! Alright, back to reading!

1 comment:

Candid Engineer said...

Hey, congrats on your first day in lab. My new-postdoc-lab anniversary is coming up in 2 days. Ahh... how time flies. Before you know, a year will be gone!