Wednesday, March 18, 2009

never judge a book by it's cover?

How about by it's title?

Yesterday I was looking around the grocery store books because they were all 40% off. I know, books at a grocery store are very limited, but 6 years of working in a library means I gravitate to the books, especially when they're all 40% off. Now, I didn't purchase anything, but I had a good laugh. Have you looked at the titles of Harlequin romance novels lately??? Because they are HILARIOUS. I don't read romance novels, and those titles gave me one more reason why I don't. Lots of titles about defiant virgins and rich men. And one of the titles was so long that I couldn't read the whole thing... I got bored half way through the title and had to move on. And you know these titles were accompanied by a lovely cartoon...

I realize that Harlequin has been around for a long time, and those titles just make me think they're out of ideas of what to call their books...

No comments: