Monday, April 27, 2009

weekend shenanigans

Adam and I had one of the most productive weekends of housework since moving into our wonderful house. I am feeling so good about us! We stained the deck on Saturday, a job that took about 5 hours and included a trip to the store to buy more stain. My neighbors informed me 3 times that I needed sunscreen. I had already applied sunscreen twice. And with skin like mine, I don't mess around - it was Aveeno SPF 45. But my skin was very very red while I was in the sun. The amazing thing is that once I was out of the sun, I went back to being pale me. YAY Aveeno SPF 45, and thank you, despite looking like a lobster in the sun, I am not a lobster! I don't think my neighbors believed me that I had on sunscreen, but oh well. I'm Irish and a redhead, therefore, the sun and my skin do not get along.

I digress... we also purchased lots of outdoor goodies from friends that are moving and so yesterday Adam had a great time mowing the lawn, weed wacking around the fence etc, sprinkling the lawn, and cooking on the grill. While he was doing all this, I was cleaning our bedroom. Something I have avoided since moving in and still had boxes to unpack. But, now that the bedroom is almost clean (just a couple of boxes left), I can set up the treadmill I bought at a garage sale for $30 this weekend! That's right, a $30 treadmill. I've been hoping that I would find one for years, and once I completely forgot, there it was! The display saying how fast you're going etc doesn't work, but it was a $30 treadmill, I can handle the display not working.

The only thing I have left to do outside is plant the grape tomato, zucchini, and yellow bell pepper plants I bought. I went to Lowe's, and they are now selling their plants in a peatpot. A biodegradeable pot that you just plant into the ground. That way you don't have to worry about shocking the plant with the transfer out of the plastic, plus it is so much better for the environment not having that plastic waste! Yay Lowe's! I have never had a garden before, so I'm just going to start out with these three plants and see how I do. Hopefully I do not kill them, because we will save lots o money not having to buy these veggies!

2 comments:

Chris said...

So Adam got the week wacker running, awesome!

Beth said...

you are making me miss having a house/yard . . . but I am glad you had a great weekend!