Friday, January 9, 2009

recommendations from seeree

anyone who knows me, knows i have lots of skin problems. dry skin, ecsema, basal cell carcinoma, sun burn, etc etc etc. And it's only going to get worse. And so, with winter weather torturing so many of us, here is a list of my favorite lotions:
1. Cerave. Available in a lotion or cream, and is supposed to have healing ability as well as moisturizing. It has no scent and helps when it seems as though nothing else will. This was recommended to me by my dermatologist for my ecsema issues (to use something besides a steroid that thins my already sensitive skin).
2. Burt's Bees Thorougly Therapeutic Honey and Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme. Your skin will suck this up like a marathon runner sucks up water. And then everyone will ask "What smells like apple pie??" There's nothing wrong with lotion that smells like baked goods.
3. Olay Quench. It's fabulous, and I've seen it recommended on TV shows too.
4. Aveeno. Everything by Aveeno is great. I really just recommend all their lotions (not their face wash, it didn't do what I needed, but lotions they know).

Like my mother before me, I must try all lotions to deal with all these skin issues, and therefore, I can be your guinea pig.

No comments: