Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a day of oopsies

I have worked really really hard today in order to (hopefully) be totally done with this set of experiments before thanksgiving. I did six activity assays, more than I've ever done before, and will be in the lab for another 1.5 hrs waiting for the experiments to finish. They take about an hour to set up, then sit for 2.5 hours, so lots of waiting. Despite my fabulous experimenting today, I have been a royal doofus. Hopefully my extreme doofus status will not mess up my experiments, it hasn't thus far, but a lot can happen in 1.5 hours.
I began my day of arriving at work, getting out of the car, attempting to open the back door to get my computer out of the backseat and the door was locked. I put my hand in my pocket and no keys. Oh no. Tried the door again. Locked. Oh no. Look in the ignition. No keys. Keys are in my mouth. Not sure how they ended up there, but thrilled they are not locked in the car. Laugh at myself in parking garage (hopefully no one was around). Doofus moment #1.
Middle of experiment, adding radioactive compound. Two ice buckets. One for radioactive compound and one with current experiment in it. Checked radioactive ice bucket to make sure threw away unused diluted radioactive compound. Good. Realized I'm still using diluted radioactive compound and did not throw away, it is in the current experiment ice bucket. Doofus moment #2.
In the midst of all these experiments, I was feeling rather parched. I filled my water bottle, set it on my desk, open, and proceeded to spill it in my lap and all over the floor. Luckily it was just water, and I didn't spill it on my computer, cause then I would have cried. Doofus moment #3.
Hopefully I'm done being a doofus for the day, I don't think that I can handle any more of those moments, especially considering all I have to do is finish up these experiments and drive my tired bum home.

No comments: