Sunday, December 28, 2008

happy holidays

My cousin was in the Joffrey Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker in Chicago and I was lucky enough to see it on Friday. It was absolutely fantastic. We then went to Custom House for dinner, a very fancy restaurant on Dearborn and Congress in downtown Chicago. The dinner was amazing (especially the gnocchi in a mushroom sauce, oh my goodness, it was melt in your mouth amazing). It was great fun with a few of my aunts and uncles and my mom. My cousin wanted to hear stories from my mom about how her father was bad when he was her age, so lots of funny stories were told. Then, my mom and I and one of my uncles had to leave to catch the train. My uncle set a bag on the table. We were then saying our good byes and thank yous and my cousin then yelled, "your bag's on fire!" My mom was speedy and grabbed a napkin and put out the fire, the waiter used a water at the table to put out the ashes, and the rest of us stood there dumbstruck. The waiter then relit the candle, so I had to ask, "Are you sure you want to do that while we're still here?"
You can dress us up, but you can't take us anywhere!

No comments: